Skip to main content

NC State Extension

Contact Us

NC State Extension (Extension) and the N.C. Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services (NCDA&CS) work closely together on hemp. However, each entity does have a different purpose and responsibilities.

Extension provides information and research related to the production and law of hemp. If you have questions for Extension, email These questions are handled by a team of Extension faculty and staff.

NCDA&CS is the government body that regulates the production of hemp. If you have questions related to production, such as questions about licensing applications or amendments, THC testing, etc., email